Color blindness 4/11/2020

This week we had to research a diesese or genetic condition. I picked color blindness to research.

Color blindness is a genetic condition caused by a difference in how one or more of the light-sensitive cells found in the retina, (light sensitive tissue) of the eye respond to certain colors. These cells, called cones, sense the waves in light and enable the retina to see different colors.

The symptoms for color blindness are, difficulty distinguishing different color, such as ,red and greens, blues and browns, light green and yellow, blue and grey, ect. Others symptoms include difficulty distinguishing different shades of colors.

Here are some

Interesting facts.

-Color blindness is much more common for men.

-It is estimated that there are 300 million people in the world that are color blind.

– Babies are born color blind, but when they’re 6 months old they are fully able to see colors.

Questions

Why is it the it is more common for men to be color blind?

How do you get tested for color blindness?

Where was the first case of color blindness discovered?

One thought on “Color blindness 4/11/2020

1. Dear Caroline, your blog about color blindness is great. Personally I am slightly color blind i have trouble with yellows and greens and reds and pinks, also sometimes blues and purples. i think you should add reds and purples because I think it might be kind of common.I have seen many people including me, my dad people online and Mr. Drost have trouble with those specific colors.
    Sincerely,
    Lars